Wednesday, September 17, 2008

i heart you, old college roommate

Sometimes I forget just how much I MISS my friends. I feel like I go for so long without seeing them that I forget how awesome they are, which is no good. Definitely need to see everyone more.

I stopped in Cincinnati just in time to experience life as it once was - no power, no internet. Kinda crazy and my sympathy goes out to those 850,000 Cincinnati-ians who don't have power. Luckily, I had Suzi and her little family to hang out with while I stranded in the powerless city. It's funny how different our lives are these days, but even so it hasn't much effected our friendship. I mean, she's got a kid now, Drew, who turns out is a pretty spectacular 9-month-old. In fact, I think we're in love. She's definitely a cool mom and we definitely still have our giggles when hanging out. Ah, we've come a long way since puking in the bathrooms of Armstrong Hall... :)

I have two more cities before heading back to Michigan at the end of the week. I got to Morehead, Kentucky tonight and decided to have a look around. Turns out it's rather gorgeous in these parts. The road that my hotel is on is just a couple miles from a Cave Run Lake, which is beautiful. I'll post pictures later.

Peace out all. Or rather...y'all? Do they say that in Kentucky? Who knows...

No comments: