Sunday, September 14, 2008

just south of skunk river

I spent the last week driving around Iowa, and there was some river called "Skunk River" which I found hilarious. I kept seeing signs for it and it made me laugh every time. I also passed a community with a giant sign that said "Cornhaven Community." Also hilarious. Oh, and I stopped at the world's largest truck stop on I-80. It had a movie theater, restaurants, shops and even a dentist office. Pretty impressive.

I spent the weekend in Chicago and I feel like every time I come here, it becomes harder to not want to be here more permanently. I just like the community. Haha, I think I'd be happy with any sort of community at this point. One of the only complaints of being on the road so much (well, y'know, other than the constant driving and bad road food) is that I have zero community. People ask me where I live and the answer is no where. I have no home. I mean, I guess I could call my parents' house my home, but I don't have a bedroom or any of my own space there...I sleep on the couch in the den, so it doesn't really feel like my home anymore. I definitely miss having that sense of community in my life. One day, Chicago, you and I shall reunite in a far more permanent way.

Sigh, not today, though. I'm off again - Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Columbus this week...

Have a good Sunday everyone!

No comments: