Wednesday, February 4, 2009

goodbye blue mondays

So I decided to wait to drive to Wisconsin. I've had meetings all day in this little town in Minnesota, population 17000. It appears to be very quaint driving down their "downtown" area, so I stopped to grab a coffee, get some work done and soak up the local flair.

The coffee house everyone recommended is called Goodbye Blue Mondays. The place looks like a collection of all the garage sale rejects from the 90s - just a bunch of random furniture, scattered throughout a space filled with murals and local art. The best part were the lamps though; every little table, whatever the shape, size or texture, got it's very own lamp and they were all awesome. I wish I could've taken more pictures of them, but I didn't want to be that weird out of town girl who was taking pictures of all the lamps. So I just took pictures of mine, which was very A-C-Slater-Balloom-Pant-Pattern...pink with black and gold geometric shapes flying around the cylindrical base and then a wedding cake like shade. My description just cannot do it justice. I'll put the picture up on Flickr later, but just know that it was truly awesome.

What was even more awesome than the lamps was the hot dog stand next store, which advertises "Hot Dog Happy Hour" in which all hot dogs are half off between 3PM and 5PM! Amazing!

So. If you're ever passing through Northfield, MN (it's about an hour south of Minneapolis), definitely stop in and say hi. People here are pretty nice and the hot dogs are half off, so everybody wins!

No comments: