Friday, May 8, 2009

mango currency

I know, I know, so much talk of mango, but I can't help it. My co-workers and I have discovered the Mango Man, who sells mango off of his bicycle in front of the church near our office. For 10 pesos, you get an entire mango, chopped, drenched in lime juice, chili powder and chili sauce stuff. So delicious. We've officially started using mango as currency - when we go to dinner or out to a bar, to save us from confusing our server, one of us will pay and add it to our "mango tab." We've got a white board that we should be using for work, but instead use to keep track of our running mango accounts - who owes who how many mangoes. I find it hilarious.

On a sadder note, el Pechote is still closed. Looks like another llano taco Friday instead of delicious Mexico sushi Friday. Not that I don't love the llano tacos, but it's been two weeks now and I really want some delicious Mexican sushi...

Have a good weekend. I'm off on some overnight camping trip tomorrow morning. Don't know much about it - my friend Rachel is my official activities coordinator and she plans all of this stuff for me. Hasta Lunes.

Paz.

No comments: