Friday, June 20, 2008

chau, cusco....until we meet again...

Chau, Cusco. We've had our differences in the eight months that I've called you home, but I am honestly going to miss you.

For being a part of my life in Cusco,

Gracias a the ProPeru staff, for helping me out when I needed it; for having patience with me as I butchered your language; and for the beautiful bag and well wishes.

Gracias a Sandra, for making me get out even when I was feeling lonely or missing home; for always trying to make me feel connected to the community and to Peru; and for just being my friend.

Gracias a Liz, for always making me laugh when I needed it and for keeping me company in la oficina; I'll see you in Oaxaca!

Gracias a Jackie, for teaching me to cook tallarin al horno; for dancing with me at Grupo Cinco and Lucia; and for being one of the most genuinely nice people I met in Cusco.

Gracias a Irma, who always made me feel happy with her fried yucca, hot chocolate, avocado sandwiches and saltenas; for helping me with my laundry; and all those days of letting me into the office when I couldn't get the door open.

Gracias a Kenny, for sometimes being a dickhead and making me appreciate my friends but always being there for support or help when I needed it.

Gracias a Rebecca, for watching endless episodes of Lost with me when I was sick and for putting up with my messiness in the A.P.T. Good luck with the rest of your summer and I'll see you back state side!

I'll miss you all and hope our paths cross again sometime!

No comments: