Saturday, July 19, 2008

so i officially hit my quarter life...

So the big 2-5 was a pretty big one! Ok, not really, but for being on lock down in a college dorm with 403 high school students, it was pretty "B.A." as my students all say. They talk in so many acronyms I can barely understand them and that's how I know I'm officially crossing the line into old-dom. Some quick highlights of my day of birth:
  • Having the 16 students wage psychological warfare on me with the Invisible Hat Game ALL day at Evanston Hospital...
  • Getting a "surprise" party in my classroom once I got back to the university from my 22 students...
  • Awesome flip chart cards and posters from other groups...
  • A really nice card from Jimmy Ops...
  • Just being able to witness the complete mayhem that was the Wa-nament.
  • Receiving awesome gifts (nerf gun, playdough and a bizarre card game) from my NYLF boss...
  • Escaping NYLF-land with the Bobert for a grown-up drink (even if it was at a crappy bar and only for one drink)...
  • Drinking wine and breaking all the rules in my dorm room...
Like I said, I did the best I could with what I had and I must say, it was a pretty good day. So thank you to everyone who made me smile! I'll make up for the lack of adult activities on Tuesday when the final students head out and all the FAs are FREE for real. I can only imagine the debauchery that is going to go down on Tuesday.

If you all are looking for me after Tuesday, I'll be in Jacksonville, FL from July 23 - July 30 and then in New Orleans from July 30 - August 4. And then, hopefully, I'll be able to get back to Michigan for a quick visit!!

Tomorrow is my 6 hours off and I'm PSYCHED, plus there's a talent show tomorrow night (apparently the lady FAs are doing some sort of dance) and then it's SIX FLAGS DAY so hopefully Tuesday will come sooner than later! Peace out all...

No comments: