Wednesday, July 9, 2008

FREEDOM

So I made it through the first conference without killing or loosing any of my kiddies. Hoorah! I celebrated that and my new found freedom (4 whole days of it) pretty hard last night. I heart dollar beers in Chicago summer. I know 10 days doesn't sound like that lengthy of a time, but seriously, we were with these kiddies ALL DAY EVERY DAY for 10 days straight, not allowed to leave campus unless we were with them. So it felt like quite a long time.

The kids were pretty awesome though, I must admit. My group definitely had their moments and to sound completely cheesey, I was definitely proud of them by the end of the conference. Hopefully my next group doesn't disappoint.

Anyhoozle, I am peacing for my very first Cubs game! Probably a little overdue considering I lived in Chicago for an entire year and never went, but better late than never, I suppose!

1 comment:

old said...

You certainly are in the fast lane - we get tired just reading of your activities. Just made out your birthday card but in as much as you are living a nomad life I'll have to send it e-mail. Hugs. G'ma Coralyn & G'pa Pat