Monday, July 28, 2008

when i grow up i want to be warfare...

So tonight I went to dinner with the new co-workers, Troy and Troy's family and it was one of the most hilarious meals of my life. We went to a Brazilian restaurant in Jacksonville, which was AMAZING. If you've never eaten at a Brazilian steakhouse, it's basically all you can eat MEAT. You get a little flag, one side green, one side red. As long as your little flag is on green, the servers will bring you meat after meat after meat - pork, steak, chicken, lamb, turkey, turkey wrapped in bacon...mmm...bacon...

So we're at this restaurant with Troy's kids. He's got 5 total: Noah (17), Santiago aka "Diego" (8), Mariano aka "Nano" (7) and Jovie (I don't remember what her real name was or how old she was, but she was the youngest). They also have a new baby, Julia, who did not come. Anyway, so we're all sitting together at this restaurant and Diego and Nano are hanging out down by our end, saying ridiculous things and playing ridiculous games. I don't think I can really convey the hilarity that went down during dinner, but here are a few examples of conversations:

Nano: Did I tell you what I want to be when I grow up?
Anna: No, what?
Nano: I want to be a scientist. And an artist.
Anna: Cool.
Diego: I want to be warfare.

Nano: I know a lot of different accents. Listen to this one. "Sssssss...."
Anna: What kind of accent is that?
Nano: That's a Sprite accent.
Anna: Sprite?...like the soda?
Nano: Yeah. Sprite...It's also the snake accent.

Diego: There was this one time when the German's bombed Orlando...

[Outside the restaurant as we're getting ready to go]
Jovie: [seeing a plane in the air] Look.
Scott: What's that?
Jovie: It's a star.
Scott: Oh, that's pretty.
Diego: I'm pretty sure that's the Germans coming.

Ok, I feel like this might have been one of those you-had-to-be-there situations, but whatever. It was hilarious.

No comments: