Wednesday, April 22, 2009

el pechote guy in the NY Times

I know, another NY Times article. But I was so excited about this one because I know this guy!!
So there is this organic market every Friday and Saturday here in Oaxaca (just down the street from my apartment) called El Pechote. El Pechote has amazing produce and cheese, as well as some other vendors who sell delicious lentil salads, teas, and even sushi! This particular guy sells his mezcal there and gives out free samples every weekend. Awww...

In other Oax-based news, I am off to my first classical guitar lesson tonight, and later we are going to see some Mexico indie-folk guy play at some baresita. It should be a good time and hopefully by the time I am done with my guitar lessons, I can quit this biz and become a professional trubador or something.

Oh, and PS, I got this fare alert in my email today. I can't really do anything with it, but anyone else interested in traveling to Latin America between now and December 2009 should check it out.

Peace.

No comments: